Blast From The Past – Looking back, the last 12 months have been such a great learning experience for all of us here at CMG Australia. With the support of our partners and members we kicked off CMG Australia here in Melbourne on the 4th of December 2013. Boy, what a ride it has been since then. We kicked off CMG Australia in Melbourne with around ~15 members. Since then our membership has grown and we’ve just happened to cross the 100 mark a few days ago. We would like to thank each of everyone and of you for the support and enthusiasm you’ve demonstrated in participating and helping build CMG Australia.
As we have consistently said, we have just got started and we have a long way to go with a lot of work ahead of us. We need to continue to work together on building on top the foundation we’ve laid over the last 12 months. We understand the need for community initiatives and engagement with our partners (commercial, research and academic). Our focus here at CMG Australia has always been on building a stronger community of professionals that engages in meaningful initiatives with a hope of making a difference in our own professional lives including the society we live in. Everyone’s invited to the party and yes, that includes you.
Two Days To Launch – In a couple of days from now a large number of performance enthusiasts will be catching up over some beer and pizza in the heart of Sydney, to hear Industry stalwarts share their experiences on various aspects of Systems Performance across the Development Life Cycle. Are you going to be one of them?
On the 16th of September 2014 we will be officially kicking off the NSW Chapter of CMG Australia. The upcoming Meetup has a line up of action packed sessions by eMite and NCC Group. It also promises to be a great opportunity to catch up with your peers, network and get to know our commercial/academic/research partners here in Australia.
CMG Australia partner eMite have offered to host the first CMG Australia NSW Meetup. Light refreshments (Beer, Pizza, etc.) will be provided. Thanks to eMite for their support and especially to Darren Geros for helping us out with the logistics. We are glad to have eMite as a partner here at CMG Australia.
For details on the location please visit the CMG Australia Meetup website – Link.
Agenda : The agenda for the next meetup is as follows:
- Speaker 1 – Darren Geros, eMite
- Topic – Automated Correlation For Purposes of Performance & Capacity Management
- Abstract – In this talk Darren Gerros will be presenting the value of automated correlation using performance and business related metrics from various IT systems including monitoring tools for purposes of Capacity Planning. The talk will also describe an approach for leveraging the relationships or hierarchies from one’s ITSM / CMDB tools to automatically create the capacity planning models based on the correlated data.
- Bio – Darren Geros is the Senior Vice President of Business Development at eMite. Darren has decades of experience working closely with customers helping them build capability on Performance & Capacity Management.
- Speaker 2 – Julian Davies, NCC Group
- Topic – Web Performance Optimization
- Abstract – As performance engineers we instinctively know that performance is important, but how do we persuade the business to invest ? ECommerce websites provide an excellent opportunity to analyse the effect of user experienced performance on behaviour and important commercial metrics. This short presentation on ‘the need for speed’ explores the techniques for measuring user performance and how that correlates with important commercial metrics, as a tool for engaging ‘the business’ in performance optimisation.
- Bio – Julian Davies has been working in the web performance industry for over 11 years, for Site Confidence, and NCC group, specifically in the realm of user experience testing and front end optimisation. During that time, Julian has worked more most of the top UK ecommerce business and many within the evolving Australian eCommerce market.
- Tech Talk (Un-conference format) – 1 Hr (Depending on time available)
- Networking : 20mins
Thanks to Darren Geros and eMite for putting their hand up and offering to host the first CMG Australia NSW Meetup. We appreciate the support from eMite on helping us spread the practice of Proactive Performance Management.
RSVP Mandatory – Please note that seating is limited and RSVP’s now end 24Hrs before the actual event i.e. on the 15th of September 2014 at 1745 Hrs AEST. This allows us to work with our partners and ensure all the logistics required are in place.
CMG Australia is growing in size and attendance at our meetups is growing larger. To keep things manageable we have limited the number of seats for the upcoming meetup to 20. Please note RSVP’s now end 24Hrs before the actual event i.e. on the 15th of September at 1745 Hrs AEST. This allows us to work with our partners and ensure all the logistics are taken care of in advance. You can RSVP at the CMG Australia Meetup website accessible via the Meetup image link.
If any of you have any suggestion/input/concerns with regards to the above agenda please reach out to the exec committee. Come, join us and be part of the transformation. We’ve got an exciting future ahead and lots of great challenges to work on.
Let’s work together to ensure we stay relevant in an evolving marketplace.
CMG Aus Exec Committee
- Marty Bolger – Secretary
- Michael Foster – Treasurer
- Theo Adis – Events Lead
- Masodah M – Vice President
- Trevor Warren – President