The Executive team here at CMG Australia has been working hard behind the scenes on getting all the logistics in place for the next CMG Australia Meetup here in Melbourne, Victoria. We are happy to announce that the next meetup has been scheduled for the 4th of Dec 2014 and is being hosted by CMG Australia partners, CPT Global. It’s almost a year since we kicked off CMG Australia here in Melbourne and we are looking forward to our birthday celebrations at the coming meetup. So be on the lookout for a few surprises and a lot of excitement. It promises to be an action packed meetup combined with an xmas and birthday party all rolled into one.
CMG Australia meetups are a great opportunity for professionals, academics, researchers and students with interest on aspects of SPE (Systems Performance Engineering) across the Development Life Cycle to come together, catchup over a beer and some pizza and to talk about aspects related to Systems Performance. Are you going to be one of them?. Seating is limited so please RSVP and reserve a seat while you can.
The highlight of our upcoming CMGA Melbourne meetup are talks by Loiuse Kellerman from Swinburne, Our friends from ThoughtWorks presenting on DevOps Fundamentals and CPT Global leading the charge on an Industry Round table. We are working on firming up the details and will update the meetup page as the speakers and their topics are confirmed.
CMG Australia partners CPT Global have offered to host the next CMG Australia Meetup. Light refreshments (Beer, Pizza, etc.) will be provided. For details on the location and timing please see refer to the Meetup page.
The agenda for the next meeting includes:
- Parting notes – A few words by the outgoing President, Treasurer, Events Lead and Secretary
- Elections – President, Vice President, Events Lead, Treasurer
- Welcoming notes – A few words by the incoming president
- Initiatives for FY 15 – Calendar of Events & Initiatives for FY 15
Speaker 1 : Louise Kellerman, Swinburne University Of Technology
- Topic – Swinburne’s Outreach initiatives & Industry Engagement : What’s In It For CMGA (To Be Confirmed)
- Abstract : TBD
- Bio – TBD
Speaker 2 : Karl Chu & Cam Jackson, ThoughtWorks
- Topic – Introduction to DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- Abstract : Cam Jackson and Karl Chu gives an introductory talk on what are DevOps and Continuous Delivery, what problems they address, and some associated technical practices.
- Bio :
- Cam Jackson – Cam Jackson is a software development consultant at ThoughtWorks Australia. He has development experience in the aerospace and financial services industries. As a consultant, he has a keen interest in DevOps and continuous delivery.
- Karl Chu – Karl Chu is a software development and continuous delivery consultant at ThoughtWorks Australia. He has diverse experiences spanning across different technologies and industries; from .NET to ruby, healthcare to telecommunication. Prior to becoming a software professional, Karl was a professional mechanical engineer.
Speaker 3 : Industry Round table, Hosted by CPT Global
- Topic – TBD
- Abstract : TBD
- Bio : TBD
Tech Talk (Un-conference format) – 1 Hr (Depending on time available)
Networking : 20mins
Thanks to Marty Bolger and CMG Australia partners CPT Global for putting their hand up and offering to host the next CMG Australia Meetup. We appreciate the support from CPT Global in helping us spread the practice of Proactive Performance Management.
RSVP Mandatory – CMGA is growing in size and attendance at our meetups is growing larger. To keep things manageable we have limited the number of seats for the upcoming meetup to 50. Please note RSVP’s now end 24Hrs before the actual event i.e. on the 3rd of Dec 14 at 1745 Hrs AEST. This allows us to work with our partners and ensure all the logistics required are in place. Head off to Meetup (you can click on the Meetup image on this page) to RSVP and confirm your attendance or you can Click Here.
If any of you have any suggestion/input/concerns with regards to the above agenda please reach out to the exec committee.
We intend for CMGA to be a platform for professionals, vendors, educational and research organizations with interests in Systems Performance to come together with an objective of building a stronger ecosystem encouraging innovation and thought leadership in SPE across the industry.
Come, join us and be part of the transformation. We’ve got an exciting future ahead and lots of great challenges to work on.
Let’s work together to ensure we stay relevant in an evolving marketplace.
CMG Aus Exec Committee