Who Are We – The Computer Measurement Group is a not-for-profit, worldwide organization of IT professionals committed to sharing information and best practices focused on ensuring the efficiency and scalability of IT service delivery to the enterprise through measurement, quantitative analysis, visualization, validation, optimization, modelling and forecasting. The official website for CMG Global can be found here (www.cmg.org). CMG Australia is a chapter of CMG Global and has been setup with the objective of promoting the profession of Systems Performance Engineering across Australia.
What are our Members Interests – Members of CMG Australia are professionals with interests around Systems Performance Engineering and are primarily concerned with Performance & Capacity Management of systems across the Software Development Life Cycle. Systems Performance Engineering is a discipline that focuses on the proactive management of System Performance across the Software Development Life Cycle. Systems Performance Engineering includes the following disciplines:
- Performance Modelling
- Capacity Planning & Management
- Performance Testing
- Application Performance Management
- System & Application Performance Monitoring
- Application Diagnostics & Optimization
What are the Objectives of CMG Australia – The focus here at CMG Australia is to:
- Work towards increasing awareness on Software Performance Engineering and its associated disciplines with a focus on Proactive Performance Management across the SDLC
- Leverage industry platforms and promote the need for Proactive Performance Management practices across the industry here in Australia
- Give professionals with interests in Software Performance Engineering the opportunity to come together, network and learn
- Help professionals with interests in Software Performance Engineering stay in touch with the latest relevant trends in SPE
- Provide partners (academia, research, consulting, product vendors) organizations the opportunity to come and share their capability, products offerings and roadmap
- Work with our educational institutions on encouraging the uptake of SPE related courses. Conduct workshops and seminars to increase awareness across Australia
- Bring research institutions, industry and professionals together to foster industry led innovation in areas of Software Performance Engineering and Proactive Performance Management
At CMG Australia we are working on building an ecosystem of students, professionals, partners and services organizations. This is an ecosystem of individuals and entities who are keen to support and advocate the adoption of Systems Performance Engineering across the industry.
Please use the contact us form to reach out to us and send us your input, feedback and comments.
Balancing Management, People, and Technology – CMG is the most influential organization for the exchange of information among Information Technology (IT) professionals. Since 1975, CMG, Inc. has been a resource for Information Technology professionals in keeping on top of their field. Over the past decade, CMG has evolved as a leading organization for the exchange of information among enterprise computing professionals. All professionals charged with the measurement and management of computer systems and networks from a performance, capacity, and cost recovery standpoint benefit from membership in CMG.
Learning and Growing together – CMG holds an international technical conference each year in the United States. The conference consists of a technical program addressing CPE (computer performance evaluation) issues across all popular computing platforms, from open systems to large commercial mainframes; the program contains sessions for “rookies” as well as in-depth technical presentations and user experiences. Papers are actively solicited and blind refereed; abstracts are due in early to mid Spring, with actual papers due in in late Spring to early Summer. A late-breaking paper process may be available for technologies recently announced or made generally available closer to the conference. The conference also has an extensive exhibitor program (trade show) with exhibitors displaying their products on the show floor and during exhibitor sessions.
Regional Groups & Chapters – CMG also has many regional groups in the United States, where each region holds smaller meetings several times per year. You can CMGski in the Rocky Mountain region in March, or visit New York, Kansas City, Connecticut, Boston, the South, DC, southern and northern California, Philadelphia, Florida, and other regions. International affiliates or CMG groups also have meetings throughout the year in places like London, Toronto, Germany, Belgium, Italy, France, Poland, Japan, Brazil and in Asian locations as well.